Choose a photo that you think captures you well. For example, choose a photo on which you are doing something you like and where you are clearly visible. Consider using a profile photo which includes only you - these are generally better. But you can, of course, add further photos beyond that of your primary profile photo.
Here are the characteristics of an acceptable profile photo:
- it is a photo (and not a drawing, for instance)
- it is not a duplicate (that is, it has not been uploaded already)
- your face is alone, clearly visible and can be clearly identified
- the quality has to be good (not blurred or pixelated, for example)
- it should be the right way round; for example, not at a 90 degree angle
- the photo must be shot in a good light.
Photos will be accepted when they feature cars, landscapes, friends, pets and family or are taken from a distance, but they will be put in the album and not accepted as a profile photo. We refer to these as secondary photos.
The following types of photo are not allowed:
- Photos that do not show you (e.g. celebrities, friends, cartoon characters)
- Sexually explicit or indecent, offensive or otherwise inappropriate photos
- Photos of a commercial nature
- Those containing personal information (e.g. a phone number, name, address etc.)
- Photos of unaccompanied children or minors
Please use the following file formats: JPEG, GIF, PNG or BMP. The optimal resolution is 333 x 400 pixels.
You can also choose to give your photos a title of up to 30 characters describing its subject. The following content is not allowed:
- Personal information (e.g. a phone number, name, etc.)
- Content that does not have a connection to the photo's subject.
- Sexually offensive or abusive content.
For more information, please have a look through our Code of Conduct.